Monday, December 7, 2009

What I am listening to

So upon awakening from my magical slumber this morning to the sombre realisation my phone is struggling to upload content from weekend shinanigans, I feel terribly embarrassed and sad to the point that I must give you all something to nibble upon. Nibble like a fruit bat on fruit, or the less obvious and more discrete nibbling of a rabbit with it’s latest lettuce captor. So let’s get nibbling shall we.

To kick start the festivities who here knows of an artist who you love, and could barely imagine life without, however sometimes when said artist pops up on your ipod you flick past them due to the mere fact they tend to play slow songs. Though still often powerful and energetic, the sheer speed at which the beat drives is too slow for your mood while walking or jogging to work etc? I know one of these artist who sometimes, and I am so sorry to say this about my lovely Bertie, makes me skip past and it is Bertie Blackman. Like I said I have nothing against her, only love by the bucket load, however sometimes it is necessary to skip just to get to something more up-beat to make me feel energised. This was of course until I stumbled across this little gem of a remix by CIS ( Calling In Sick) and now I can listen to her beautiful voice and the beauty of the track, just revitalised to ensure I can still feel blam blam blam super high powered with this slightly modified version.



Black Cats is such a beautiful track and is my pick for representing an artist who in the last year has achieved so much. A clear favourite to remember 2009 for in my books and as I file my music from 09 I know she will be part of the highlights package that will be the ultimate “year of the hamster playlist” which I will put together on January 10th 2010. Her voice is so distinct in its exuberant exhaling style. This could seem a strange description however I hope you can agree that you feel as though she really gets down to the bottom of her lungs and pushes from the stomach to get the sound her voice produces which is of course a beautiful and unique voice indeed.

Now another gem the mining mechanism that is the internet helped me discover recently was one with subtle beauty from the band Local Natives. These guys rock dude, they seriously made me flip when I heard this track “Sun Hands” for the first time. I mean like seriously as I was listening my body did a giant backflip and landed it! Was amazing! Once I realised this had just happened I knew the song must really be rocking my bones, as to make me achieve such a physical achievement is amazing! Anyways i thought I would show you some live versions to not only get you in the mood for this song but also the vibe which these guys create and the attention their demeanour demands on stage.




Now kids I promise I will hook you all up with some seriously random memoirs of my musical voyage dating between Friday, 27/12/09 and Saturday 28/12/09 which will highlight three different genres and three vastly different styles of musical interpretation. I hope you can all enjoy these as much as this young aerodynamic cadet did, all my hope rests solely upon technology, which is never to assuring, I have seen enough movies to prove this. But what I can promise is I will keep sending awesomeness in your direction so you can all stay super-duper-amazingly-freakishly-steven-sanchez-awesome! Until next time, a deadly ninja says what? YEOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment