Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Jonathan Boulet + kids doing ballet

Peepety peepety peepety peeps, good day to you. How fair you on this fine summers eve? Doth thou maiden enjoy the sunshine and subsequent lovely smiles on the peoples faces? Does it not remind you of flurescent childhood and allow sweet reminiscent dreams to take over each and every sense in your body? The smell of the flowers and the way the sea breeze just brushes the face in a seductive and sensual manner as though to welcome you in a warm embrace? I think so, and I think you know exactly what I mean... do you? Or am I totally wrong? Could go either way, seriously it could, as unlike Derek Zoolander this here boy can turn left. I CAN.

So my lovely ones, how are we today? Spectacular I hope and I hope you are ready for another installment. I have lapsed a little in the last couple of days as I have not been accessing my work computer and the one at home really does struggle with this thing, but in the worlds of Kyle's Cousin, I'M BAACCCKKK!

I want to start by having a chat with you all about Triple J's latest Featured Artist, Jonathan Boulet. What do you guys reckon? About a 7 on the scale? In my mind, he is a 7, on a scale of 3... Seriously he is a rockin 21 year old Sydney lad, which really is annoying by the way as I am now 23 and have not become a Triple J's featured artist, but man this guy can create some amazing stuff. The song most people would have heard would be this magical gift from the musical gods called A Community Service Announcement, and has an addictive tone to it with its fun, summer-love driven chorus. One of those songs you just listen to and enjoy, but then when it ends you feel you need more, so you just play it again and again and then listen to something else then again and again and again then eat a schnitzel then again.... Too much?


The song that has not been getting as much airplay but deserves it just as much is Ones Who Fly Twos Who Die and has this drum line throughout which just allows ultimate layering and evokes thoughts of Karen O and the Kids Where The Wild Things Are soundtrack, just this time with male voices. I think this is so due to the driving beat with fairy like flute of sorts, airy guitar riff, high female voice harmonies and the straight repetition, all working together to just add more and more textual deliciousness. Let me know what you think.


So I can understand why he is the featured artist and I am not, as he actually writes music, I just write about it but do you not agree that this is some beautiful stuff. Speaking of stuff, do you like it? Or perhaps ballet? Wearing the pointy shoes and pink frilly awesome things? AKA Fairy pyjamas? I hope so, because if not I just asked a bunch of questions about something you don't even like... weird... Now just as you think this post is over here is a little favourite of mine to say goodbye with, so, goodbye =)


YEOW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment