Thursday, December 17, 2009


So all you music loving, non-music hating, hat wearing, pant loving, toothpick using, underwear hanging, paper-plane making peepety-peeps! DO I HAVE A SWEET LITTLE POST FOR YOU? Perhaps, depends what you like I guess, but hey here it is anyway like that san-choy-bow you didn’t order but they place on your Susan anyway. Blam!


So this voyage has been particularly awesome so far compared to most competitions I have entered in my life, which is not many at all, but it is this way because of the open communication it allows us to have with each other. I didn’t know there were so many people who love music as much as I do, and love writing about it even more so I can say this has been a real eye opener in regards to people and the way technology has effected this. Making contact with people like smalliebigs, erino, benpitcher, stereodan, reebajeeba, jackdavo, Lee52 and Litty litty mc-litty burger has just made me appreciate this comp so much as even if I don’t win (most likely scenario) at least I have had the chance to read some awesome stuff and chat to some awesomely creative peepety-peeps.


Now another thing this has done is allow people to send me music that I like. When I posted my link to my myspace page yesterday I had an immediate response from a Triple J unearthed band I had not heard just saying “I think you will like our stuff”. This seemed fairly direct and personal, as in not some kind of spam scam, so I decided to check it out. BLAM! BLAM BLAM BLAM! Awesome. The dude was right and I did like it, ALOT. Using a gradual building guitar line to start the song, tambourine taps on the off-beat and very emotion ridden lyrics with sweet tones of sensitivity HUSKY create anticipation and thirst for more. Strange description? I don’t think so, if you listen to the first verse I think you will agree. When the piano enters with light chords on the beat it adds to the building of textual layers that take shape like a cake with the slightly harder, more aggressive caramelised chorus resting on top like a cherry. What a beautiful chorus it is too, as the harmonies come in with the lightest of ease as to not deter from the lead and really allows the lead to work the build up in a unique and far from forceful approach. Husky, Dark Sea has made me a clear fan and I know I can’t wait to hear more of their work.


So though I don’t know these guys I know I will make a point of heading to their next gig and getting you kids some sweet sweet coverage so keep your ear to the ground like running bear and I will keep you all in the loopety loop.

Here is the wonderful Mr Leonard Cohen =)



Anyways later hat-wearing spiders and you have a lovely Thursday YEOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment