Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Clickety clickety like bones on a notebook

Clickety Clickety


Some things have such a distinct sound you could pick it out of the busiest street-noise soundtrack ever created, yet others just whisper past your ears and only the ears that truly seek it will find the source in the messy crowds. That’s source, as in where the sound is coming from, not sauce like tomato, BBQ, hollandaise or any other form of relish for that matter. However this being said, when your ear does pick up that source and can track it, this is an opportunity one should relish and endeavour to hold on to like a good meal with a delicious sauce.


ANYWAY!!! What I am trying to get to is some music that has been following me around the last couple of months. It has sweet undertones and it’s harmonious beauty was delicate and hard to track through the deep dark musical forest. I was however informed by our good friends trip-trip-jiggety (triple J), that the sounds I seek are indeed that of Dead Man’s Bones. As I was writing this I actually stumbled across another blog discussing these guys, and though I do not wish to copy, I feel as this site is dedicated to blogging I should not hold back in writing about that which inspires me, so Lee52, I am sorry, but I am just going to mention them quickly not go into too much deets about it as you covered them beautifully. You should all check out her amazing writing/videos also, I am jealous of her abilities and she is really good at this stuff http://www.myworldtour.com.au/member/default.aspx?mid=25440

So as I was saying these guys are awesome! They are doing a bit of what seems to be the in thing at the moment, which is using kids choirs to add texture to their tracks, but I think it is well executed and works well with their overall style. I think a personal favourite would have to be Name In Stone, awesome!



And perhaps My Bodys A Zombie For You



Anyways, as Lee52 discussed and described these guys so beautifully I will not go too far into this but I do do do really really really enjoy their music and style!


Now tomorrow I am hoping to hook you kids up with a nice review and hopefully some new pics as I am going to the final gig for “The Slightly Mexican Tour” from local Sydney artists Boy and Bear. This is the last show and if anyone is keen on going along you will also be able to see Paper Scissores and The Boat People. It’s at the Stag in Leichardt and should be a cracker. If you wanna check em out I mentioned them in an earlier blog or you can see them at http://www.myspace.com/boyandbearmusic


That’s it for now, now go check on your pancakes, they could be burning. Looks like you fogot to feed the cat too and Uh Oh! I think I smell off milk... YEOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment