Thursday, December 31, 2009

Guess who's back, back again....

That's right it's me, and not only am I back but i am biggety biggety back with a viggety viggety vengeance! I thought to myself, what would you kids like in the first post back in the blog world? and then I thought again and realised I am sure you just want to hear about some awesome music and where I have been the past week, so here goes nothing, everything and more than that something I have not given you lately, and while you read here is a little song to get you in the mood.



So I, like most of you, am on holidays! How awesome is this you ask? 7 out of 3 that's how awesome it is! So far I have ducked away for a couple of days, stayed at friends places in Bondi and Manly, smashed some beers in the sun at The Squadron, hung out with the family over Christmas while chowing down on some sweet sweet seafood and now I am preparing for another New Years Eve celebration. Like I said, AWESOME!

One amazing thing about holidays is the time you get to just do whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it, and yesterday I felt like watching the beautifully crafted Into The Wild. This movie is a masterpiece and a great representation of the novel, maintaining its integrity and holding true to its original creation. The way the plot tugs on your emotions and forces a connection between the viewer and Alexander Supertramp is one of brilliance and is rarely executed to such affect. I couldn't help but feel like running away from home, ditching my car, my job, everything and just running wild for a while, meeting strangers and getting to know them just as Emile Hirsch does while representing Christopher McCandless / Alexander Supertramp throughout the film.

One thing which makes this movie so beautiful and helps create this connection is the soundtrack created by Eddie Veddar of Pearl Jam with one song being contributed by Jerry Hannan, Society. All songs help craft the shape and darw emotions throughout the film and none more than Guaranteed with its relvance and beauty.



This song picked up a Goldne Globe for Best Original Song sparking more people to buy the soundtrack after already selling around 39,000 in its first week and showed us that this soundtrack was more than your average bear, it is clearly a beautiful musical representation of this awesome movie. My personal favourites would have to be Hard Sun, The Wolf and No Ceiling, so now I have them here for you to enjoy also.







So my lovely peepety peeps, I know it was a little bit of a gap between posts from me but hopefully you enjoyed reading this and are ready for more and more entries to come because I just remembered how nice it feels to type out a sweet sweet post for you kids to enjoy. So like mangos and strawberries I am back, so look out for more sweet delights in the coming days and I will be sure to drop by your page and read read read YEOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment