Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sorry like a naughty dog


So sorry my lovely peepety peeps. I just disappeared on you for two days without notice and for this I apologise. I have been lucky enough that you enjoy the lollies and sweet soda pop I throw from the cooler in my mind each day so much that you come back to read, yet I failed to inform you of my absence. ***insert sad puppy face here*** But I am happy to tell you I am back and well beyond happiness, I am just plain stoked to be here like Mick Fanning, so without further delays like those you get when buying Christmas presents, let's get crackling. While you read have a listen to this beautiful amazing song, should make you smile, I hope.



AT THE COPA, COPACABANA... This is the opening line to which famous song? Is it a song? Does it wear pants and do you like it??? Whatever the case, I have been away up the coast this weekend at Copacabana hanging out with mates from high school I no longer have the pleasure of seeing enough. WHAT A TRIP! Awesome, just playing some guuit guit guit, listening to some awesome music like John Butler Trio, Xavier Rudd and Jack Johnson, and just spending time with your mates. What a ridiculously beautiful way to spend the weekend.

Just like cake with icing, it was awesome, but I didn't realise just how awesome until I got back, unpacked and realised how happy I was just chilling out with these guys back in my life. The soundtrack the above three musicians provided for my weekend was just as pivotal as the people I was with, as it took me back to high school subconsciously and really set the tone like a good soundtrack should. Songs like John Butler Trio's Valley, with its intensifying and beautiful introduction followed by tracks like Home, a beautiful and passionate portrayal of the bands stance on refugees in Australia, and the unforgettable Peaches and Cream, an intense and melodically sweet tribute to his first born child, these took me back to the things that influenced me growing up and how these musicians have helped shape me. Like a maker of guitars, I have slowly been manipulated and shaped into a human with it's own individual shape and sound by those around me, and now while showing the current product to the people in my life I feel I can rip up a sweet sweet solo while also contributing to the overall sound of day-to-day life. Alright, a bit of a weird analogy but think about it, make it better and come back to me and I will send you a delicious treat via pelican mail.

So anyway I think what I am trying to say is though this competition is pretty hectic and there are so many people to love and read, don't forget to take a couple of little trips back into the past to look at the things which have influenced you to get where you are and spend some time reflecting. HEAVY??? Not really just listen to some music from years back and feel the love it brings to your ears and skin, each hair stands up on it's ends on those songs that reflect unique times in your life and just shimmy shimmy on down the aisle of glee it shows you.

Now just watch some of these videos if you feel like some awesome guitar and singing awesomeness. I will set you up with some more good times tomorrow morning so don't put your awesome party shoes anywhere too far away, cause you will need them in the morning YEOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment