Wednesday, December 16, 2009

King Charles Black Cab Session

Alright all, so if you haven't heard about what I am about to tell you, I feel for you as I know your cover is about to be blown... I KNOW YOU ARE AN FBI AGENT! For those who have been hiding under a rock the last year and a bit I wish to inform you of possibly the best music website I have ever seen and possibly some of the nicest live renditions of musical gems I have ever heard. Beautiful. Seriously, I wish I had come up with this idea as it makes me cry knowing someone just like me decided to take the initiative and create such a wonderful concept.


Now if you’re saying hurry up and tell me, here it is, The Black Cab Sessions. A one-on-one musical interview with some of the world’s best musicians which contributes to a website consisting purely of great live performances all created and filmed in the back of a good old English black cab. I was blown away the first time my friend past the link on to me as it is truly a unique creative idea which has resulted in a group of friends realising their dreams, where they meet and listen to their favourite musicians in a comfortable and regular venue. No pressure to perform. No awkward pauses between bad questions from interviewers. Just great music and a great, one-in-a-million vibe.


Black Cab Sessions Promo from Black Cab Sessions on Vimeo.

Now the way I really felt a personal connection with this was by being told by my mates that my exact life/body double has a recording on the site. Once told this I had to check out the site in even more detail than I originally did, and found King Charles. A seriously amazing artist and character, and to be compared was a very unique compliment. Upon review I realised some pictures do make us look the same so here goes, what do you guys think???







Now go check out the site and blow your lid because if you have a better site than this, feel free to share it, but I believe this is a one-in-a-million. Seriously hours and hours and hours of fun and you can follow them on twitter here. Love ya kids, hit me up with some feedback otherwise I hope you enjoy. Out for a picnic now in the meadows of imagination-land YEOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment