Monday, December 14, 2009

Girls rolling in flowers + New Judge YAY!




So my pretty's, how are we on this fine summer evening? Average you say? Well, expect that average to get a sweet kick up the old bee sting and be turned from an average tO SOMETHING A LITTLE BIT BETTER!... LIKE ABOVE AVERAGE... or something.... sorry for getting too excited...

So I have the flu.... Don't worry, you can't catch it by reading about it. I would never put you at risk like that, I mean without you guys, what have I got? The flu, that's what. Bet anyway as a result of said flu and his deadly masked flunkies, I spent most of my weekend on the couch... YAY!!! WOOO!!! YowZAAA! Yes that's correct these are all words you would use to describe a weekend of illness right? guess not but get excited because I at least listened to some sweet sweet musaic and went on a killer journey I wish to share with you like cake at a birthday party!

SO I started by listening to some little red because I thought their groovel-mc-50-rockin-awesomeness would wipe that sniffle from my nose, oh but to no avail. This was followed by a walk down the alley of the universe with The Mars Volta, thinking their synchopated rhythms and sweet sweet solo's would shock the bad out of my system, not to mention their super-creppy-uber-awesome-freakadelic video... Ohh the humanity, once again I face failure.... I thought all was lost when not even the the beautifully simple live recording of Ben Harper and Jack Johnson on local radio in the states bounced away from my ears as though it was allergic to my presence. The world of musical goodness avoiding me like a shy boy to the girl of his dreams. All she wants? His affection yet all he knows to give is harsh words, harsher actions and ignorance. I feel lost and divided.



I enter the Merriweather Post Pavilion. The crowd rise, the stands face near destruction from the thudding feet of my senses running intently up and down in anticipation as the mystic sounds of In The Flowers build, diminish, build, diminish then eventually speak to me in a near alien like voice. The repetition, then sudden explosion of mysterious beauty forcing my mind to voyage far, far away on the ship that is Animal Collective and be lead toward a climax of near silence and a farewell message from those visiting and frolicking in the pasture.

My body and mind have felt the relief required to ensure this flu does not stick like honey to a bee and promises light into the otherwise gloomy day that has been bestowed upon me. This light comes in the form of the next giant leap into this wild animal collective, this untamed beast hoard, this musical voyage taking control of my mind and soul. My Girls have arrived and they feel like taking me on a trip. At the end, they tell me, I will be at least 50% better than a frog in a pond. I agree to join them, and I can now tell you, no need to pack for this as they have everything you need. This album has saved me on this flu ridden day, and I am sure can save many more purple people eaters if called upon. The ease with which it sways me side-to-side, then throws me down the rabbit hole into the world unknown yet doesn't allow me to hit the ground, protecting me from the unknowns harshness.

What a trip this has been. Thank you.

Now, a moon and sun later and this young admiral is in the need of letting peeps know about it, so I hope your trip to visit me has yielded dividends and allowed you to trek deep inside the flu ridden mind of a music loving child. Speaking of music lovers, should I not mention our lovely new Judge, Mia Mcleod? With such a claim to fame as boogie-woogie-rockin it with JK? Dude, you can judge me all you like, actually you could even call me names and I would think you are awesome just for having done that. However, if I ever meet you I will request you show me the moves you taught him, and vice-versa as I think you must have some sweet dancing shoes on you to achieve such a feat! Canned heat perhaps?

Anyways my lovelys this birds gotta fly, and also has to listen to some sweet sweet music. I know it is only a shortie tonight, but some short stories are my favourite, just look at what happened with Where The Wild Things Are. Later rabbit head wearing, bicycle riding, red-riding-hood loving awesome peepety peeps. Yeow!

No comments:

Post a Comment