Monday, November 2, 2009

Funky like a duck

Good afternoon/evening/morning/afternoon again, dependent on when you are reading this. I hope all is well in your respective worlds and you are ready for yet another installment of Mind Music and Me, YEOW!

Jelly legs and throat of a sick bird. Thudding head and echoes of "my shout" still going around and around in my head. Monday's have become something more like a bad dream than reality as the sun is not welcome on my face and the sound of speech seems almost too much to bare. Rargh Rargh the bear grumbles and is ready for the meal so far avoided. Inspired by kitchen dude.

Can I just start by congratulating Boy and Bear (See first Blog) on their recent news, winning the Triple J unearthed competition to play with the likes of Powderfinger and SIA at the upcoming Homebake festival! Nice one lads. I am sure this opportunity as well as the upcoming Slightly Mexican tour http://tiny.cc/Uj9GP will be the ripe reward for all the hard work. YEOW!

Also, sorry all for the delay in producing this post. The weekend may have been filled to the absolute brim so very little time was spent on el-computer-io. However I have some sweet as tunes and some even sweeter candy to share with you all so listen up and get your musical taste-buds tingling cause this is about to get tasty.

So a good friend of mine from Norway introduced me to a musician a couple of years back called Erlend Oye and I remember straight away saying this is awesome, however for a little while I totally forgot about him. That was until I heard the new project, The Whitest Boy Alive. As soon as I heard a track of the new album Rules, I had to get back on the wagon and listen to as much as I could! So so so good. Totally love the singers style and the electronic feel is nice and relaxing but not put-you-to-sleep-style. Check it http://tiny.cc/KyU9X

Also, while I was listening to some of their stuff, Youtube suggested I listen to this track http://tiny.cc/XIQYB it is only short but for some reason I listened to it probably five or six times, love it! I don't know anymore about this song other than I enjoyed it so I hope you do too.

Now, an artist that has somehow not had a mention throughout my posts to this date but has been on constant rotation on my walkman/discman/ipod since I got my first in 1999, is Mos Def. No idea how he has not been mentioned as of yet as he is one of my absolute favourites. Black on Both Sides released in 1999 is still one of my most played albums and his singing ability during choruses is something I have come to love. Something you do not hear every MC touching on, and just another element he adds to his tracks. His latest single to hit the aussie charts is is a collaboration with Slick Rick, and as my brother will attest I have been absolutely obsessed with this track for months now! http://tiny.cc/hV4nG Madlib's presence is notable as soon as the track kicks off and no one need question either Mos or Slicks MC-ability. The three collaborate so smoothly and Slick Rick's unique style is just as fresh as the first time I heard his voice. Love it.

If you need any more persuading or just want to hear a couple of little snippets of Mos and his abilities check out these videos of him freestylin against close friend Kanye West http://tiny.cc/pSURM http://tiny.cc/ZEPYw

Okelie so that is another super awesome blog diggety done, and I hope you all appreciated it. If not I am sorry but the only way I know to fix it is if you tell me,so access my twitter account as above if need be. Always happy to hear feedback, tips, opinions or even suggestions for topics. But, for now, I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME CAPTAIN PLANET! Jeni's out.

Yeow!

No comments:

Post a Comment