Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Re-birth of the cassette

The cassette is dead! Or is it? I don't think so but I am not talking about the actual music device, I am talking about the energetically aggressive, ultra-beat-driven sounds from Cassette Kids. They are rockin-my-pockets right now and I am not even wearing any pockets! The drum and Guitar driven themes set the lower tones with the sweet voice of Katrina Noorbergen providing the upper layer in an innocent and sweet, yet strong and energy focused way. Personal favourite would have to be You Take It, but I genuinely am very much enjoying each song I have heard so far http://tiny.cc/RXskm

On a totally different vibe, like an apple compared to a packet of cigarettes, or perhaps the number 7 compared the feeling of atonement, I would say Lisa Mitchell is fairly different to the Cassette Kids, however I am still going to talk about her music right now. She makes me smile! Both internally and externally. http://tiny.cc/wbX48 Her voice has this layer of sweetness like that found in an ice-cream Sunday topped with chocolate topping and freckles.... as in the tasty freckles not the skin pigmentation's. Not saying anything bad about those kind of freckles but they just don't taste as good as the other type. ANYWAY, as I was saying about Lisa, she is just unique and so familiar at the same time. When I hear her chorus on Coin Laundry http://tiny.cc/ozX3i I think straight away of a shy, unfamiliar young girl singing the raw emotions she is feeling when first meeting her love. Beautifully raw but somehow uninhibited is how I would describe her vocal style I think. Personal favourite perhaps Alice http://tiny.cc/83Xfu or maybe Romeo + Juliet http://tiny.cc/TTbrw (Obviously a cover version by the legendary Diar Straits).

Now, I feel like I need to vent some mind mess. It is ready to pour all over the keyboard like ice-cream in the hands of a young child, the heat ensuring it melts all down their front. Not feeling the need to be inhibited by gravity the ice-cream finds a way into each and every crevice, ensuring a busy day for the mother/father to whom the child is attributed. All the while the child knows nothing of what is going on and is still confused by the taste in its mouth and why it is begging for more only hours after finishing the ice and cream based delicacy.

Watching the skyline change and the edges of the city creep further out each day like red wine spilt on the carpet, makes me think of early civilisations constantly trying to expand their territory but facing fierce opponents in the neighbours. This is no longer the case as we have conquered our lands and are free to expand as we see fit, however the unnecessary destruction we cause is obviously concerning. Some people never realise when enough is enough and just continue to want more, but these people do not find solace in anything, just constantly searching for more and more.

That is enough of that! i don't want to get you smiling kids down, and I do not want to make you frown, so look.. .IT'S A CLOWN!!!



Now I hope you all had fun reading and hopefully found some music you like, and if not, let me know who you would like me to research and I can put up a post about them or her or him or Steve? I will get you sorted. Anyways, peace out kids and have an awesome day!

YEOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment