Monday, November 9, 2009

Movember

"A moustache is the international passport to pleasure and I can walk proud with one knowing that people perceive me as a man of considerable wealth and knowledge." And with this statement thousands of men around Australia and from around the Globe embark on a mission of raising awareness, and spreading the message that Movember stands for. The message that screams "Hey look, I have a moustache. It is disgusting and embarrassing, but not nearly as hard to confront as depression or prostate cancer, so I will wear this with pride hoping that it empowers people to deal with these issues."

I know that ever since its inception in 2003 it has grown exponentially into one of the most recognised charity events of the year and has in the 6 years of its existence raised AUD$62 Million globally. That is a lot of money and a lot of moustaches. If you are interested in checking it out or participating I suggest you hit up the website and register, or donate http://tiny.cc/2efsX

Who wants a song to listen too today? Is it you? Is it the guy next to you??? Well whoever it is who wants a song to listen too, just click here. http://tiny.cc/SJ1CU Mumford and Sons are all the talk at the moment and this song is pretty much the one getting played over and over, but for any of you have not heard it, have a listen and just enjoy its Folkie feel. Bit of a language warning, as I don't want any of you kiddles to hear some of the words, but I think that this is a song where the use of bad language is absolutely necessary.

Also for anyone who has heard his music before, Bob Evans has a very sweet unique style which I find irresistible. Anyone who purchased the covers album, No Mans Woman featuring Australian Male Artists covering well know Female songwriters songs, will be familiar with his soul and tone, and know he has a unique ability to bring out beauty in the track. This is a track he recorded in the My Space studio's in Melbourne but I suggest you get out and listen to some of his music, very interesting so che-che-check it out! http://tiny.cc/z76qD

DING DING DING DING, woops, that's the doorbell. Gotta run amigos, I hope you have enjoyed and if not, let me know. If any of you are interested in giving some feedback hit me up with a direct message on twitter http://twitter.com/_egg So for now, much love peeps. Take care.

YEOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment