Thursday, November 12, 2009

Look out, BLAM! It can happen that quick

So for protection get ready to be whipped into information-shape, also known as infoshape. Speaking of shapes what's your favourite? Circle? The ever pointy triangle? Perhaps the obtuse oval? Either way I am sure your favourite shape represents you more than you realise.

Now as yesterday was remembrance day I feel it necessary and I am happy to mention that only two years ago I visited the battlefields across Europe where so many Aussies and Kiwis fell. I refer to them as purely Aussies and Kiwis as at the age most these young fellas were thrust into the war zone to protect and represent a country they had only spent a very limited time in, they would have only been young men. Most were barely twenty when their life was taken away by a man no more hungry for killing than he, but who so evenly felt the need to fight and die for the country and the cause.

Before leaving Australia for my trip I picked up a book which would eventually educate me in the area of War more than any other. It is called Somme Mud, and is an edited version of a book written very soon after the War by a young soldier who made it home. Upon returning home to Australia he wrote a book to tell his story, however at this time the last thing any publisher wanted to do was put a book on the shelves about the war. no one would read it. But, it is due to this book that upon stepping onto the battlefields in Belgium and visiting the many many memorials that I found it impossible to contain my emotions. Just thinking about it still sends shivers down my spine.

The book as well as the trip to the battle fields are two things I must recommend to all, and particularly young Aussies and Kiwis. You may not have known these lads, but where it not for them we may not be here, and even if we were, what kind of life would we be living.

For some music just for anyone interested check the links at the bottom, I will talk about them tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Lest we forget.

http://tiny.cc/HiAOS


http://tiny.cc/Wm9RF

http://tiny.cc/z8N6e


http://tiny.cc/n00TG

YEOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment