Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Growing old. Not growing up

I recently began thinking of this statement and realised I am living it.
The idea of growing up, at least in my mind, means to become serious.
Becoming serious is something I never plan to do in all capacities of life.
Obviously this seriousness has a place and a form in my life.
I do not want it to be my life, all the time, all places and all encompassing.
If I were to sit here and rant and preach I would be being serious.
I have never done so, and I do not plan to.
If you were to post a serious comment on my blog or send me a serious email. ok.
That is your bag and you can carry it as long as you wish.
I however do not like bags that weigh me down.
Instead I like a bag with lots of pockets, space to dance and at least space for a cold beverage.

spreadsheets. powerpoints. word. blog. tweet. like. share. .jpg

This is my serious and its cross-section with my life is beyond recognisable however this is the path chosen and the path loved. The world has changed much since the readings of our childhood and who here can honestly say the preferred it back then. I am happy. I am writing. I am continually evolving and learning. I am super dooper calaflippin awesome! Go world and keep on being rad as I see you as an open pair of kicks waiting to be worn in and trounced around in. This is...

Hmm... contemplation has struck and I realised this is a music blog and not one of mental exhaustion... currently I am suffering from such a thing and it seems to be spilling onto my keyboard like ink from a fountain pen. or perhaps a bottle of fountain. or perhaps mono-tonal monologue screaming for character. Music shares this dimension and shares this space. Music knows and feels all and can emote what many of us can't. hearing is one of my greatest assets, one I utilise each day. Speaking however is often left for those whom have access and can do so with elegance. music allows the harshest of harsh, the softest of softs and even the brashest of brash to share a room and share a space. Share dimensions and gloat from rooftops. music is...

If you read this thank you. If you do not wish to but instead feel the need to be delighted and enlightened hit up the below links for some beautiful music I sent on to a friend I was working with up until last week. I hope she likes it and I hope you peeps do too.



Peace meow

No comments:

Post a Comment