Friday, January 8, 2010

Abbey Road's Kook'ie Bloc Party with plenty of noisettes

Launch in 3


2


1


0


We have lift off!


BLAM BLAM THANK YOU MONSIEUR! Hello, welcome and what is up my lovely people, are you all pumped and ready for the lovely space in time set aside for us to relax/not relax/partay/sleep/hang out/hang in and just plain old do whatever the flip we feel like? Well I hope so because unless that creepy guy who screams at people on the street is correct and today is Armageddon, the weekend is almost upon us! What better way to ring in the weekend than by sharing some awesome, super-flippin-sweet-as music with you so that you can be in the right mood to partake in whatever endeavours you shall be partaking in this glorious weekend.

When thinking of what music would be appropriate I thought to myself, "What do I feel like listening to?" and obviously I remembered, the best way to share music with people is to just give you whatever I feel like listening to so that you can hopefully enjoy it as much as I do, resulting in you sending me some stuff you are listening to and it having the same affect. Does that make sense? I hope so because now it is written and if it doesn't make sense I am currently just fumbling around trying to make sense of it while still typing... I am going to stop. Anyway, this made me think "How about I share some music as seen on the amazing television show, Live From Abbey Road, and some of my favourite performances from past to present?"... "What an awesome idea!!" I hear you say, so all fumbling aside to the pile of half-eaten blackberries beside my keyboard, and I get writing.

Thinking back to this amazing recording studios early days people remember it for The Beatles and Pink Floyd and the unique approaches to recording they employed to create their masterpieces in the 60's. However, I am not going to say I know everything about the unique approaches they made because I do not know enough details, but the thing I do know is the sound that can be created in this place is amazing. This was what made the television show a real stand out for me, and ensured I was and have been glued to every episode, inspiring me to buy more music from certain artists who feature on episodes and even introduce me to some like Nerina Pallot and Josh Groban.

One thing that really strikes a chord with me is ensuring the musicians are made to be real people. They are not introduced in an extravagant way, there are no wild crowds screaming their names, no laser shows and definitely no back-up dancers, just real people who have the gifts to entertain and move us with their abilities. The small snippets of one-on-one interview time really reach to the core of their reasons for being in and how they perceive music, why they do what they do and often what inspires and drives them to continue to do so. This being said, these little bits and pieces also help mould the artist into something more, it touches on them as a person and when you see them laugh or say something you have this fast realisation that apart from making music, this person could be you, me or anyone.

Anyway enough enough enough, I can hear you screaming, give me some music, feed my vampiric thirst and quench my drought ridden music soul with your effervescent, strangely satisfying musical gifts. So here it is, my top 10 performances that I can find on the inter-planitarium-space-time-continuam-web, this is based purely on the ones that have resonated with me particularly and ensures I continually tune into the show and continue to love love heart heart heart it. Let me know what all you kiddly-kiddle-mango-tango-berrie-goodness-children think. YEOW!

1. Noisettes - Every Now and Then


2. Ben Harper - Use Me


3. Damien Rice - Rootless Tree


4. Bloc Party - Signs


5. Herbie Hancock and Corrine Bailey Rae - River (AMAZING!!!)


6. The Kooks - Matchbox


7. Sara Bareilles - Oh Darling


8. Little Boots - Stuck On Repeat


9. The Black Keys - Same Old Thing


10. The Mars Volta - Goliath


No comments:

Post a Comment